How do you transition conversations out of the rapport-building stage and into the money making stage? You don’t want to be the person that builds rapport forever, but you don’t want to be so direct that it’s a turnoff. How do we find that middle point?
In this video, we’ll give you a peek at our transitioning secrets and show you how you can build rapport quickly so you can close more prospects.
How to Build Trust Quickly to Close More MLM Prospects
Build Rapport on Purpose
A huge tip is to always look at someone’s profile before you talk to them. Do your due diligence to see what they’ve got going on. That’s going to help you with transitioning them.
If you know nothing about the person going into the conversation, it takes so much longer to build rapport because you’re asking questions that you could easily know the answer to if you just glance at their social media page.
Powerful, Open-Ended Rapport Building Questions:
- Hey, name! How is it going?
- What are you up to these days (or this weekend)?
- How is the family?
- How was your vacation to … ?
- What are you working on these days?
- How is your business going?
- What are you excited about?
Should You Lead with the Product or the Business?
Here’s what to consider. What are you most excited about? Are you more excited about the product or the business? You should lead with what you are most excited about, but also, know who you are talking to.
If you’re talking to a business owner, you may want to lead with the business. Others, you may approach with the product.
Don’t forget that those who love the product could eventually upgrade and promote the business. It depends on who you’re talking to and what you’re excited about.
If you’re just getting started with your business, lead with the product. It’s more natural anyway. Once you have that conversation dialed in, then you go into the business conversation. You are now able to discern and identify which conversation fits your prospect the best.
Powerful Curiosity Questions:
- Do you keep your business options open?
- Are you happy with your current situation or would an additional income stream help you?
What’s Your Closing Ratio?
If you talk to ten people and three people get started, those are great numbers! You can continuously improve upon the ratio. In the beginning, you must make up in numbers what you lack in skill.
So, How Does a Transition Happen?
Here are two approaches: direct and indirect.
Let’s say you’re talking about work, and someone complains about how their job is going. You can say,
- “Just so you know, we actually have a very successful business that we’re a part of.”
- (or utilize whatever invitation scripts that your company teaches to use)
- Don’t be concerned if you’re not achieving success yet, because you don’t need to talk about your success. You can talk about your business partner’s success or your mentor’s.
If you ask how business is and they say it’s going great, and they’re making money, don’t try to show them how much money you’re making. Wait until they ask you what you are up to and how things are going with you. Then, you can mention some numbers in conversation.
Now, if we’ve nonchalantly mentioned our product/business, and they didn’t seem all that interested, but you’re not sure. So, then you transition. You say
- “Hey, it sounds like you’ve got a lot of great things going on. If you know anybody that could use this product, or can benefit from this, let me know. I’d love to help them.”
You’ll know if you are getting one-word answers or if they’re not interested. Just move on! They could still see your videos or posts in the future.
Make little changes and tweaks in your conversation so that you’re setting yourself up for success. Don’t forget that it is a number’s game. People are not numbers but it is a numbers game. Keep connecting and keep prospecting.
Additional Resources to Help Build Your Business:
- How to Effectively Follow up with Prospects
- How to Use the ATM Facebook Group Strategy to Build Your Business
- Our 15-30 Formula to Help You with Prospecting
- LIKE Our Facebook Page and Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
- Free Masterclass: How to Use Simple Step-By-Step Social Media Strategies to Build a Home Business Empire
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We help network marketers and entrepreneurs increase their influence and become a top producer in their business without sacrificing the quality of their lives.
PS: If you Would Like to Generate More Leads, Close More Sales, Learn how to Build your Network Marketing Business Using Facebook and Become a Top Earner in your Company, Click Here to Reserve Your Seat for Our Free Masterclass “How to Use the ATM Facebook Group Strategy to Build Your Home Business Empire”.