Don’t just create content, create curiosity!
That’s right! Create a sense of mystery, with a hint of urgency, and bam! You’ve got yourself a recipe for EXCITEMENT! Your people will be saying “Hey, can you tell me more about your product, your company, etc.?” faster than your bank account can grow!
Did you know that there is one fatal mistake that so many marketers out there make? Even some of the experienced ones!
The mistake is that they constantly post pictures of their product, and repeat the name of their company. That makes them sound like an infomercial channel, and let’s be honest — nobody likes those! So, avoid the Infomercial Channel Mistake at all costs!
You might be thinking “But how do you I do that?”
Simple — use The Movie Preview Method!
Here is how it works. Think of the preview of a movie you like. What are the producers giving you in those few minutes, and what are they keeping a secret? They give you bits of information in order to pique your curiosity, and excite you to go see the movie. But they keep the ending to themselves.
Think of your social media marketing strategy as a movie franchise. If you tell your prospects what product you’re using or what company you’re with, you’re giving up the end of the movie. And that just not clever marketing!
Apply the Movie Preview Method to every post you make about your products or business.
Inside today’s video, John and I will share with you 5 of the best ideas for curiosity posts that will get your ideal prospects chasing you!
5 Best Business Curiosity Posts for Facebook
Remember that you’ve got to be strategic in every single thing you do! Every post, share, comment, or like should serve a purpose. Whether that’s to educate your people, to make them laugh or to show them your support — there should be some thought behind your actions.
You’d be surprised how fast posting ideas will come to you, once you start being strategic.
The 80/20 Rule
Before we dive deeper into what these 5 best ideas for curiosity posts are, let’s clarify something. Do you remember what the 80/20 Rule was? It means that 80% of your content should be generic or what we call non-commission-based. For example, you can share about your kids, showcase your lifestyle, or it can be something that inspires, empowers or entertains you and therefore your audience.
Track the engagement you get from different types of content. And if the responses for a specific video or article are not that good — don’t worry. You can always delete it!
Don’t be afraid to experiment and just have fun with it!
Idea #1: Business Lite Posts
Do you know what is the number one thing that piques curiosity in people? Lack of specific information. Which is why it’s so crucial to tell them what’s going on, without saying everything that’s going on!
You mindset should be this: if people want to know what your product or business is, they need to talk to you!
For example, you can make a post about your next vacation to an exotic place. Slip in, in a non-braggy way, how thankful you are that you have the opportunity to make money and still travel and take rest.
More Business Lite Post Ideas:
- Photo (photos) from your company event without logos and branding in the background
- You getting recognized on stage
- Photos/clips of your speaking
- Showcase success of your teammates
- Picture of you with leaders in your company
Idea #2: Run Contests or Giveaways
Who doesn’t love contests and free gifts? This is such a cool fun way to bring attention to your business. The tricky part is coming up with a good idea that will get your audience excited to participate.
Let’s Give You Some Fun Contest/Giveaway Ideas:
- You can award a surprise product to a random contest participant who shares your Facebook status or who comments on a particular post.
- Have participants create a creative or funny caption for a photo you post, and then pick your favorite as the winner. Ideally, the photo will relate back to your products to keep the contest relevant.
- Have participants “share” or “tag” to be entered to win. This is a simple and easy way to quickly expand your contest’s reach on Facebook (and/or Instagram).
- Keep the contests going with a week-long, product-a-day giveaway. Each day, you can award a surprise product to a random contest participant who shares your Facebook status or who comments on a particular post.
- Win a gift card contest. Rather than designating a specific item for your contest, add some mass appeal by making your prize a gift card. This can attract more participation, as it lets the winner select whatever he or she wants.
- Vote for your favorite item contest. Find out which items your audience really likes by creating a contest in which people vote for their favorite products. At the same time, anyone who participates is entered to win in a random prize drawing. Think of it as a type of interactive user survey!
Winner Selection Process:
If your contest is a sweepstakes, Random.org can help ensure you’re choosing a completely random winner (and can help keep your contest fair).
Idea #3: Tell Stories
Learning how to tell stories can do miracles for your business! People love rags to success stories. It doesn’t have to be your full life story … share little snippets of success. You can also share someone else’s story.
For example, talk about the struggles of your close friend, and the solution that changed his/her life. Show the results, and hint that it happened with hard work and one secret ingredient. What is that ingredient? They’ll have to ask you!
Idea #4: Do More Educational Posts
Education-based marketing is the hottest thing right now! If you bring genuine value to your audience, they’ll appreciate it and their trust in you will increase. And this is exactly what you want!
You can make a video where you share 3 best tips for gorgeous skin. Make two of those tips generic, meaning they have nothing to do with your business like, 1) drink plenty of water 2) stay out of the sun. And … the last tip, share a supplement/product that does miracles for the skin (again, don’t say the name of your product) and close with this, “If you want to know my recommendation or want to know what I use, send me a private message.”
Idea #5: Do a Direct Promotion Once a Week
We love this one! Once a week, show up and dazzle everyone with a direct promotion of your product or business.
Remember: never say the name of the product or the company. The reason for that is because when you make a post, you don’t have a personal connection with your audience. If you talk with someone on the phone or you meet them in person — go ahead and give them all the information. But when you’re making a post, make sure that you provoke people to talk to you personally!
A great example of a post that a lot of people in our team do is: a picture of the product (with the name skilfully hidden away) and a catchy caption like “Bye-bye belly fat”. The message of the post is something like “One tablespoon a day and watch it all go away. If you’ve seen me lately, you know what I’m talking about!”.
Such posts are so simple but they work incredibly well! Inspire people! Once you do, everything else becomes so much easier!
If you don’t see instant results, the solution is clear: consistency! Nothing great is going to happen for you just within a couple of minutes. Success takes a hot second to create!
So there you have it! These are 5 of the best ideas for curiosity posts. Which one did you like the most? Let us know in the comments below and share this article with your teammates! Let’s CRUSH it!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- How to Use the ATM Facebook Group Strategy to Sell and Recruit More
- Facebook Page VS. Facebook Profile – Which is Better for Audience Reach?
- Facebook Marketing: 4 Steps to Effective Customer Acquisition
- 5 Surprising Ways to Improve Your Facebook LIVES
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
Our mission is to teach you how to build a business that gives you FREEDOM with your time and FREEDOM with your finances.
PS: Get Ready to Seriously Crush It Online! Click Here to Download our Brand New Social Media Recruiting Guide and Get Our Inside Secrets to Social Media Prospecting AND Peek Behind the Curtain at the Exact Scripts We’ve Used to Recruit Thousands.
If you enjoyed the video 5 Best Business Curiosity Posts for Facebook, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!