Livestream and New York Magazine conducted a survey on how consumers use live video and found out 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog.
Now, the same research shows that 67% of viewers say quality is the most important factor when watching a Livestream. What does this mean for people like you, entrepreneurs who promote their business on social media?
First, it means the content you come up with and share with your audience matters—so make sure you do your best to keep it high-quality. But so does the platform you use for broadcasting.
While many of us are using Facebook Live (which is great), there are 3rd party software solutions that can help you take your Lives to a whole new level.
Imagine being able to easily:
- schedule your broadcasts
- share your screen with your viewers
- add custom frames and your logo to your broadcasts
- go live on multiple Social Media platforms at once
- feature viewers’ comments on the screen
If this sounds like something you’ve been looking to try out, this article if for you. Stay around and we’ll share our three favorite apps to stream and go Live on social media so that you can pick the one that’s best for your needs.
So let’s check out how you can use the following live-streaming apps to explode your reach and build an engaging brand.
Top 3 Apps to Stream and Go Live on Social Media: Zoom, StreamYard and BeLive (+Tutorials!)
Best for: live-streaming webinars and virtual meetings to Facebook or YouTube
A lot of people use Zoom for virtual meetings and webinars, but not many know you can also use it to live stream.
Check out our tech tutorial on how to use Zoom to go Live on Facebook for more guidance.
- Host up to 100 participants (up to 500 for Enterprise version)
- Share screen content
- Invite your audience to ask questions and respond to polls
- Show multiple speakers on-screen
What streamers say:
“The video and audio quality is somehow ‘higher’ than other vid-conf tools I have tried. It is excellent to be able to see each of the participants live on screen. Luv the screen-share and live-interaction with the app and the conference participants.” – Graeme H, Lead Designer
Best for: overachievers who want to show up on multiple social media platforms at once
StreamYard is a live streaming studio in your browser. You can use it to interview guests, share your screen and stream directly to platforms like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and others.
- Share screen content
- Live interview up to 6 people
- Show viewer on-screen comments
- Add a call to action to your live stream in a single click (i.e. Like & Share)
- Brand your broadcast by choosing colors and uploading images, GIFs, and videos
- Stream to multiple platforms simultaneously
Price: The Free version allows users to stream on one platform. Upgrade to the Professional version ($49/month) for unlimited streaming shows up to 5 platforms at the same time.
StreamYard Tutorial – Go Live On Social Media!
The best thing about StreamYard is you can stream to up to 5 platforms and interview up to 6 people at the same time. On top of all that, it has a friendly interface and it’s very easy to use. Here’s how I do it in 6 easy steps.
- Before you go Live, click on Destinations Tab and add the platform where you want to broadcast to.
- Click on Create broadcast and select the platform you want to use to go Live (add up to 5 if you use the Pro version).
- Add a catchy Title for your broadcast and a powerful Description (you can customize each for every platform) and hit Create broadcast.
- Check that your mic and camera are good to go and add your display name, then hit Enter broadcast studio.
- To add yourself to the stream, click on the icon on the left of your screen “Add to the stream.” Voila, you’re IN the studio! To add guests to your broadcast, simply copy the link of your broadcast and send it out to them.
- Feel free to play around with the features: choose a background, overlay, add your logo, etc, and when you’re ready, hit the Go Live button on the right side of your screen.
And….you’re LIVE!!! Woo-hoo, see how easy that was?
Best for: Facebook or Youtube Live streaming
BeLive offers a great way to answer questions and create a better connection with your audience. It’s an easy to use platform that is constantly updated.
- Share screen content & schedule broadcasts
- Show viewer on-screen comments
- Add your own brand logo, change custom colors and overlays during your show
- Show up to 4 people on screen
Price: 14 days free trial—stream Live with up to 2 participants and 3 shows per month. Upgrade to the Standard+ version ($29.99/month) for unlimited shows, up to 4 participants and add your logo.
Not sure which tool is best for you?
Now that you have three live streaming tools to choose from—and a powerful tutorial to show you how to do it in style—let us know if you see something here that inspires you and hit us in the comments if you have any questions.
What’s your favorite tool you’re using at the moment to go Live?
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- Your Complete Live Video Guide (download the bonus PDF)
- How to Use Zoom to Go Live on Facebook
- 5 Apps We Use To Easily Create and Edit Videos On the Go
- How to Use Be.LIVE to go Live on Facebook
- 5 Surprising Ways to Improve Your Video Content
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources (and on a shoe-string budget). Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
Our mission is to teach you how to build a business that gives you FREEDOM with your time and FREEDOM with your finances.
PS: Get ready to seriously crush it online! Click here to download our brand-new Social Media Prospecting & Recruiting Guide and get our inside secrets to Social Media Prospecting and peek behind the curtain at the exact scripts we’ve used to recruit thousands.
If you enjoyed the article Top 3 Tools to Stream and Go Live on Social Media: Zoom, BeLive and StreamYard (+Tutorials!), be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!