Does the concept of CLOSING make you hyperventilate?
You put in a lot of work prospecting and building relationships, but when it’s time to close, your palms begin to sweat and the fear of rejection starts creeping in.
We get that and we’ve been there.
Here’s what you need to do to build trust with your prospects, handle objections, and pop the question without being afraid!
How to Close More Prospects: Build Trust & Pop the Question
#1. Be a Great Promoter
It doesn’t matter how you expose people to your opportunity—as long as you do.
We use the ATM system, where we add people to a private Facebook group, tag them in a presentation video, and follow up to see what they liked best. Your number one goal is to get people in the group and have them watch the video to understand how your business works.
But the truth is if you want people to join you, you need to know how to promote your system and opportunity. Use these phrases to get people excited:
- “Oh my Gosh, you’ve got to get in our groups. There are so many things going on there. All you need to do is add people to it.”
- “We’ve got this new sexy coffee. It tastes like heaven.”
- “You’ve got to check out these products, the before and afters are mind-blowing.”
- “We got this weight loss product with proven results. You’ve got to test it.”
- “When you see this comp plan, you won’t be able to sleep. It’s going to blow your mind!”
#2. Follow Up the Next Day
If you’re serious about your business, make sure you follow up with people within 24 hours of sending them the presentation video.
Why? Strike while the iron’s hot. You need to be on top of that person right away.
Here are my favorite follow up questions:
- What did you like most about what you saw—what caught your attention? (you want to get them talking and share their thoughts on your video)
- Did you want to make more money/spend more time working from home? (find out why they’re excited and what’s their motivation in getting started)
- Where are you on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being “you’re ready to get started right now” and 1 being “you just want to be a customer”?
Most people answer with a four, a seven max. So ask them:
- What do we have to do to get you closer to a 10?
- Are you coachable?
Everybody answers yes to this question.
Here’s what you’re gonna reply: “Great. Go grab your credit card. Let’s get you started.”
PRO Tip: Keep track of your prospects by writing down every name in a notebook. I use Life Reminders to save them on my phone. Your goal is to follow up until you get a yes or a no.
Extra Tip: Be okay with taking it away from them. If they can’t decide, just tell them “Hey, listen, it seems like you’ve got a lot going on right now. All good. Me too. You know where to find me if down the road you decide to get started. And if you want, I could follow up with you in a few months.”
#3. Use Group Chats to Follow Up
Another great way to follow up is to set up a Group Chat. When you create it, add 2 to 3 upline leaders. Why?
Because you want the prospect to meet other successful people and see how the system works. Say something like, “Hey Bob, I want to introduce you to so-and-so, so-and-so, and so-and-so. They’re incredible leaders. I’m excited for you to meet them, hear their stories, and get to know them. You’re going to be in business with them just like you’re in business with me.”
A lot of the closing I do happens in group chats. We all work together taking turns answering questions, sharing our story, overcoming objections. I end up doing a lot of closing of other people’s people!
The beauty of the group chats is you get to earn while you learn, rinse, and repeat. Answering questions helps you find out people’s personality and their interests—which in return builds trust.
PRO Tip: The better you get at starting conversations and building relationships, the more you will close. All the top earners I know have built strong and authentic relationships over time. That’s why we never have to worry about running out of people.
#4. Handle Objections the RIGHT Way
I haven’t always handled objections well. But after facing so many, you get used to people being afraid and having doubts. Honestly, most objections are BS. Most people can find money to invest IF they saw the value. It’s your job to help them see it.
Treat objections as requests for further information. – Brian Tracy
Check out the most common objections and how to handle them:
“I’m very busy. I don’t have enough time.”
- You: Ok, I get that. How much time do you have?
(let them answer)
- You: Great, that’s perfect!
“I don’t have the money to get started.”
- You: Well, that’s exactly why we’re having this conversation, so we can help you get into a better financial spot.
*You can also offer a less expensive kit for them to get started. Sometimes I even suggest that they do a few curiosity posts, and if they get leads from it, I’ll close them and then I’ll pay for them to get started. Let’s say it’s $200 to get started; I make $200 off their referrals and pay their enrollment fee.
“Let me think about it.”
- You: Cool, I understand that. What would you like the next step to be? When would you like me to follow up with you?
“I need to talk to my spouse.”
- You: Great, let’s add your spouse to the groups so she/he can take a look at the info. Also, let’s set up a chat with all of us so we can be on the same page.
PRO Tip: When facing objections, do not get defensive. Keep it friendly, and don’t sound like you’re blaming people. Most people won’t get started with you right away. And that’s all right. The important thing is to be consistent and determined.
Extra Tip: As a network marketer, you’re sorting, not selling. You’re not trying to convince people to join your team. Look at it like you’re letting them join your business by allowing them to partner up in your opportunity.
- “Look, I don’t want to pressure you but I just want to let you know that we’ve got this special happening right now.”
- “We got this end-of-the-month promotion.”
- “Hey, we’re bringing in some new people to the business. You ought to get started, some of them could end up on your team.”
- “We’ve got a big event coming up, we have this big call, we have this guy…”
Find ways to create urgency without too much pressure!
#5. Some Will, Some Won’t, Some Wait, Someone’s Waiting, NEXT!
How many Facebook friends do you have? How many did you approach in the last 60 days about your opportunity?
Think about this: there are people right now in your warm market. They know people who could be top earners in your company. And they could become huge success stories, six or seven-figure earners. You got to get to them, baby!
PRO Tip: Some of the best people in my organization today, I did not personally enroll. One of my top earners, she came through a person that came through a person that came through a person. So sometimes a dud can introduce you to someone who will end up being one of your top earners.
PRO Tip: You want to work with people who want to work with you. Look for people who are positive, motivators, motivated, not people you have to give pep talks to all the time.
Last but not least: there is a chance you are putting too much pressure on yourself. You might think you should be signing up more people. If that’s the case, don’t expect too much too soon. And don’t beat yourself up if you see a superstar that’s been working less than you kicking it. You don’t know their story, so stop with the compare-itis!
You’ll get there, just do the work and be consistent!
These were our best tips on closing more prospects. Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below! And if you found value, share it with your teammates!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- How to Follow up with Prospects without Being Annoying
- Make Last Month Jealous: Best Ideas to Close This Month Like a Top Earner!
- How to Build a Profitable Network Marketing Business in 60 Minutes a Day
- You Can Become A Top Earner Too! 7 Daily Tasks For Success In Network Marketing
- How to Convert Facebook Likes and Comments into Sales
- 6 Tactics to Help You Stand Out on Social Media
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools We Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We help Network Marketers and Entrepreneurs create a profitable online business around their personal brand.
PS: Our podcast is officially in full swing! Each week we teach our best branding and marketing strategies, interview top industry leaders and share real-world advice on how to create a massive network marketing business from your phone around a life you love. We’re also giving away prizes to those of you leaving podcast reviews. Click here to tune in, subscribe and get fired up!
If you enjoyed the video How to Close More Prospects: Build Trust & Pop the Question, be sure to like, share or comment below! Thanks so much for stopping by.