How would you like to broadcast LIVE on Facebook? And what if we told you that you can do it directly from your computer?
2017 was revolutionary for Facebook! Not only are they switching their focus from Pages to Groups (and let’s be honest, that right there is amazing!), but they’re also upgrading their LIVE feature.
While before, you could broadcast live only from your phone, and with the Facebook app, now you can do it with a stable HD camera, directly from your desktop.
And the best part? You can use additional streaming software! But why do you need extra software?
Imagine that you’re live and you want to switch between scenes. How awesome would it be if you could do that with a click of a button? If you could go from a face-time video to your screen or your slide deck?
Brace yourself because you’re about to become a Facebook Live Broadcasting Ninja!
Warning: this is an advanced strategy. So, if you’re just getting started with live video, please, master the basics (click here to download our complete Facebook Live guide) and then, move on to the next level of awesomeness!
Facebook Live: How to Broadcast from your Computer
Perhaps you’re wondering why streaming software is better than the regular Facebook live feature. It’s very simple – it gives you OPTIONS! When you’re using a streaming software, you can mix things up. You can change between scenes, make transitions, add titles and captions, and many more!
So what’s this incredible software and how does it work? Let’s dive into it!
How to Broadcast LIVE on your Facebook Page
Your Facebook Page can get very good engagement, even if you don’t have as many likes as you’d want. So how do you go about going live? Follow these steps:
- Download OBS here (OBS is the best streaming software you can use right now. It offers quality services, it’s very easy to operate, and it’s free!)
- Open up your Facebook business page and go “Publishing Tools”
- Under Tools click on “Creator Studio”
- Click on the blue plus sign on the bottom right and select “Go Live”
- Grab your stream key and input it into OBS
Congratulations! You’re now LIVE!
And what happens when you want to broadcast on your Facebook profile or in a Group?
How to Broadcast LIVE on your personal profile or in a Facebook Group
The same logic applies. Simply follow these steps:
- Download and set up OBS (as before)
- Click on the button “Broadcast on Facebook Live“
And you’re done! Congratulations once more! You’re LIVE!
A Ninja Bonus Tip: OBS is an amazing software but it has one downside – you can’t see the comments when you’re using it. So what you want to do, is open the stream on your phone and you’ll be able to see what people say there!
And remember: Google and YouTube are your friends! If at any point you have a technical question that I didn’t cover, use them. Simply type your concern and I’m sure you’ll find the solution you’re looking for.
If you enjoyed the video Facebook Live: How to Broadcast from your Computer, be sure to like, share or comment below!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- Your Complete Live Video Guide (download the bonus PDF)
- 8 Smart Facebook Live Ideas to Get More Leads and Sales
- Facebook Page VS. Facebook Profile – Which is Better for Audience Reach?
- Top 3 Apps to Stream and Go Live on Social Media
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources (and on a shoe-string budget). Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
Our mission is to teach you how to build a business that gives you FREEDOM with your time and FREEDOM with your finances.
PS: If we had to identify the ONE thing that’s helped us more than anything else, it’s this. It’s literally our secret weapon and we’ll show you exactly how to model it inside our Pro-Social Media Prospecting and Recruiting Guide. Click here to download it now!
If you enjoyed the video Facebook Live: How to Broadcast from your Computer, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!