If you ask great questions, you’ll get better answers, and you’ll know what to do with your prospects.
Because let’s be honest. We don’t want to sign up business partners or customers if the opportunity or product isn’t right for them. That’s why we want to prequalify them. And how can we do that?
By asking the right questions.
Unsubscribe from commission breath, keep your posture, and read the energy of the person you’re talking to. If they’re giving you one-word answers, take a step back – you don’t want to beg or convince anyone.
Over the years, I’ve tested out many different types of questions and in this training, I will share with you my top 10 favorite prospecting and closing questions that you should be using right now to effectively grow your network marketing business!
Ready? Let’s jump right in!
10 Effective Prospecting and Closing Questions You Should Be Using Right Now to Grow Your Network Marketing Business
Question #1: How’s it going?
It’s a crazy question to ask someone, I know!
Why do I ask this question? Because it’s a great, easy, normal question to ask another human.
Sometimes we overcomplicate the most simple things in the world. It’s like we go from a normal human neighbor/coworker/friend/family member to a network marketing weirdo. So don’t overthink it and just say:
- “Hey, Sam, how’s it going?”
- “Hi, Susan, I see you’re online right now. How are you?”
Now, there are some people who would feel weird, even if you just say “how’s it going”. But guess what? You can delete them as a Facebook friend. After all, why would you be Facebook friends with someone if they think it’s weird to message them?
Question #2: What are you up to?/What are you focused on these days?
Two different versions of the same question!
Now, I do like to wait until someone responds first. But if you want to get the ball rolling and you’re looking for an excuse to message someone, here’s what I do:
- Wish people a happy birthday – you can even sing it, or you can message them a day earlier or a day later (that way, you stand out from everyone else).
- Check if they’re watching my Stories – if they are, I just reach out to them.
- See if they’ve loved on my posts – I drop in to say hi and to see what they’re up to these days.
That’s why there’s no cold messaging on Facebook. These people are your friends, so it’s not weird or unusual to reach out to them!
Question #3: I found something I’m excited about and I wanted to share it with you. Would you be open…?
Are you actively prospecting?
If the answer is “yes”, then you should add this question to your daily money-making activities because it is gold! Even if your prospects say “no”, you’re planting seeds!
So when you message people, just let them know:
- “Hey, Sarah, I’m reaching out to you because I found something that I’m super excited about. It’s going to help me fit back into my skinny jeans/It’s going to help me eliminate all this cellulite on my backside/I found an opportunity that can help me work from home so I can fire my boss/so I don’t have to worry about going into the office every day. Would you be open to me adding you to a group and sharing a video with you/Would you be open to meeting some of my mentors?”
The question “would you be open” is very powerful! And it’s so much better than “would you be interested”. Because how can they be interested in something they know nothing about?
Instead, go with “Would you be open to taking a look at the product/opportunity?” You’re looking for lookers!
Question #4: Are you currently monetizing your social equity?
I love this question because of how provocative it is! It makes people think!
Check out your friend’s Facebook posts and say:
- “Dude, you’ve got really good engagement. Are you currently monetizing it? Would you be open…”
#Boom! Now, you’re got the makings of a killer conversation!
Question #5: Are you currently making money online?
Disclaimer: Don’t ask all of these questions in order. These are options you can use based on your personality and the type of people you have in your tribe.
This is another great question that will provoke people to think about their online presence and how effective they are with it.
After all, they’re online anyway – they might as well make money off of it!
Want to know more about how to prospect and close on Social Media like a PRO?
Question #6: Have you tried things like this in the past?
I typically ask this when I’m already in a back-and-forth conversation with the person about the products or the business.
Why do I like this question?
Because if someone tells me, “Yeah, I’ve done 14 different MLMs, and they’re all scams. Why is yours any different?” I don’t know if I really want to prospect that person. Maybe they were not coachable? But maybe the product just wasn’t the right fit for them? That’s why it’s important to get them talking!
What’s more, get them to do most of the talking!
Question #7: What did you like best?
- “Have you had a chance to take a look at the information? Awesome. What did you like best?”
This is an old school question, but it’s still so powerful. I want them to tell me what they liked best.
Why? Because I want to find out their hot buttons.
Here’s an example conversation you can have after asking this question:
- Prospect: “I like the idea of working from home.”
- You: “Oh, tell me more! What do you mean by that?”
- Prospect: “Well, I like the idea of starting my own business.”
- You: “How come?”
- Prospect: “I’ve always wanted to start my own business, but I never had the money or the idea/I love the products. They look amazing. I can’t wait to try them.”
Using this question, you can learn which direction to go in with the prospect!
Question #8: Are you ready to get started?
It’s a very simple question, but a lot of people don’t ask it.
And you’d be surprised how often prospects just need to hear this question to say “yes”!
So don’t skip over this one – it’s important!
Question #9: What goals would have getting started?
They might want to lose 10 inches. Or they might want to make an extra $1,000/month.
I want them to tell me what their goals are because it gets them thinking about the possibilities and it gives them hope!
No matter what company you’re with or what product you’re selling, you offer something that has a benefit. So emphasize that benefit! Because whatever it is, that’s what people are buying. As Nadya says, “People don’t buy toothpaste. They buy white teeth.”
So get them talking. If you’ve got people on the fence, this question might very well get them to say “yes”!
PRO Tip: Never assume the worst. If somebody’s not responding to you, it could be just because they’ve just been too busy. So follow up with them and assume the best!
Question #10: What would you like the next step to be?
You tell me.
I love this question because it gets people to tell you exactly what they want to do. If they want to buy a product, you can start them off as a customer. And if they’re too busy right now, you can follow up with them at a better time.
Don’t be a mindreader. Let them tell you!
Bonus Question: Would you like me to cross you off my follow-up list?
If I’m not getting a response from someone, I would ask them this question. Why? Because I have no interest in chasing people or begging them to change their life.
If I send someone two messages and they’re not responding, that third message will be something like:
- “Hey, Casey, haven’t heard from you in the last week. All good. I’m sure you’re busy. I know I’m super busy. For now, I’ll just cross you off my follow-up list, and if something changes, you know where to find me.”
- “Would you like me to cross you off my follow up list for now? I can always touch base with you again, down the road.”
1 out of 5 times, their FOMO (fear of missing out) will act up and they’ll say, “No, no, no. Don’t cross me off the list. I’m ready to get started.”
Those are 10 of my favorite prospecting and closing questions that I use to grow my business. Are you using any of them? Which one will you try out next? Let me know in the comments below! And if you found value in this training, share it with your teammates!
Let’s crush it!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- ATM Facebook Group Strategy: The Revolutionary Method to Build Your Home Business
- How to Close More Prospects: Build Trust & Pop the Question!
- Conquer Your Fear of Prospecting! How to Recruit More People on Social Media
- 10 Prospecting Tips You’ve (Probably) Heard Before – But Are You Using Them Yet?
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We help Network Marketers and Entrepreneurs create a profitable online business around their personal brand.
PS: If you would like to generate more leads, close more sales, learn how to build your Network Marketing business using Social Media (without spamming your friends and family) and become a top earner in your company, Click here to plug into our brand new Social Media for Business Masterclass (unless you’re already crushing it).
If you enjoyed the video 10 Effective Prospecting and Closing Questions You Should Be Using Right Now to Grow Your Network Marketing Business, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!