Going live natively on Facebook has many benefits. You don’t need anything special to get started. It’s easy and free…but not without shortcomings.
For someone who wants to keep up with video marketing trends and level up their social media efforts, the platform is limiting.
You are not able to:
- share your screen with your viewers
- add custom frames and your logo to your broadcasts
- go live on multiple Social Media platforms at once
- feature viewers’ comments on the screen
If you need more features than what the platform inherently offers to go that extra mile, there’re great 3rd party tools that help you kick it up a notch or 10.
Luckily, with a 3rd party software solution like Zoom you can take your Lives to a whole new level—without any legwork.
In this training, I’ll show you everything you need to know about how to use Zoom to go Live on Facebook. Are you curious about how to use Zoom (PRO plan) to stream your meetings, do interviews and even share your screen?
Inside this tutorial, I’ll show you exactly how to do that! Let’s dive in!
Tech Tutorial: How To Use Zoom To Broadcast Live On Facebook
How to Use Zoom to Go Live on Facebook:
*Disclaimer: Zoom undergoes consistent updates, so the interface might look slightly different. However, the options and logical sequence remain the same. If you’re experiencing tech issues, know that there are a lot of people using it now and they’ve been having all kinds of issues (scroll towards the bottom of the article for more alternatives).
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that’s gained a lot of popularity lately. It’s very simple to use, the quality of the picture and sound is better than what you get with most other similar platforms, and it offers cools features such as going Live on Facebook or YouTube. They were the first ones to do so and it was a game-changer!
Here’s what you need to do in order to broadcast Live on Facebook!
- Sign up for their PRO Meeting Plan ($14.99). You need to upgrade at least to a Pro Account in order to be able to stream on Facebook!
Step #1: Set up your meeting
Step #2: Invite your guests & set up your LIVE stream
- When you’re inviting someone to a Zoom call, they DON’T have to have an account. They simply need to follow the invite link you send to them. For best results, however, we recommend that they download the app beforehand. They still don’t need to create an account in order to do that. It would just speed up the process.
- In the beginning, your mic is always muted! Remember to unmute it, before speaking!
- You could also “mute your face”, a.k.a. stop your video, if you wanted to.
- Another cool option is “Share Screen”. When you click on it, you’ll have the possibility to share whatever you want with your viewers, and your own video will appear in the corner.
You can also choose how you and other presenters will be seen. For example, if you have a panelist, you can switch between:
- Gallery view — you see both presenters side by side;
- Speaker view — you see whoever is talking.
Step #3: Set up to Stream on Facebook or YouTube
- Click on “More” and choose “Live on Facebook”
- Zoom will open up in a new window: choose where you want to stream, create a description for your broadcast (make it GOOD so people would want to hop on your video), hit “Go LIVE”
Don’t See the “MORE” button?
You need to Enable “Livestream Meetings on Facebook” in your Zoom Settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Click on Account Management > Account Settings (if you are an account administrator) or Settings (if you are an account member).
- Go to “Meeting (Advanced)”, scroll down until you see the option to enable live streaming on Facebook.
Other Broadcasting Options
Zoom is an amazing tool. But if you want to explore other options, here’s your chance.
Check out this chart! We’re loving StreamYard right now and Be.Live is a great option as well. It offers a FREE trial and a ton of cool options, such as adding custom frames and logos to your broadcasts! >>> Click here to find out more!
Now you can easily go and broadcast Live on Facebook! If you found value in the video and article about How To Use Zoom To Broadcast Live On Facebook, please share it with your teammates and leave us a comment below! Happy Zoom-ing!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- Your Complete Facebook Live Guide (download the bonus PDF)
- How to Use Be.Live to go Live on Facebook
- 5 Surprising Ways to Improve Your Video Content
- 8 Smart Facebook Live Ideas to Get More Leads and Customers
- 6 Ways to Get More Video Views When You’re Brand New
- Facebook Profile vs Page vs Group: Everything You Need To Know To Grow Your Business
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources (and on a shoe-string budget). Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We help Network Marketers and Entrepreneurs create a profitable online business around their personal brand.
PS: Want to learn how to strategically use Live Video to build your Personal Brand, sell your products & recruit teammates like crazy? Click here to download our Complete Live Video Guide (it’s FREE).
If you enjoyed the video How to Use Zoom to Go Live on Facebook, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!