TikTok is the fastest growing Social Media platform right now! And we know what you might be thinking: isn’t that just for kids? No. Because think about it — all Social Media platforms were first used by kids. Then everyone else joined in, and then marketers saw the potential. So let’s get ahead of the curve!
Here are a few stats that show exactly why you should be on TikTok right now:
- There are 500 million active users on the platform.
- Users spent an average of 52 min per day on TikTok (compared to only 38 min on Facebook)
- ~60% of US users are between the ages of 25 and 54!
And the best part? Most marketers are still not using this platform! That means that sooner you get on board, the faster you will create momentum!
So let’s dive deeper into how you can master TikTok in order to create engaging content for your business!
TikTok Tutorial: How to Create Engaging Content for Your Business
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a Social Media video app that allows you to create and share short clips of you lip-syncing, doing funny sketches or providing value in an interesting way.
It’s basically a really neat way to edit videos! You can speed them up, slow them down, chop them up with ease! No need for complicated software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker!
All in all, TikTok is a great way to build your brand and create some really unique videos that you can later repurpose for Instagram and Facebook, for example.
How to Master TikTok?
Step #1: Download the App
Simply, go to the App Store on your phone and get the app — it’s completely free. You can do that here:
Step #2: Practice Every Day
Budget about 15-20 minutes a day for 2 to 4 weeks, so you can get in the habit of checking the app. Go in there and watch some videos. Follow 5-10 people and see the content they’re putting out.
Step #3: Bring in Your Kids
Do you have a pre-teen or a teenager? They already speak this language! So use their knowledge! We hired our 10-year-old and our 15-year-old as our TikTok managers.
So if you’re a parent, this is a great way to spend more time with your children — they will teach you about the platform and you will teach them about the value of money! It’s a win-win!
PRO Tip #1: The more you show up, the more ideas you will have. My initial commitment was to do 21 videos. But in the course of just two weeks, I shot 30+ videos! Why? Because a few videos in, I was already figuring out different modalities and various ways I could show up!
PRO Tip #2: In the beginning, focus on the process, not the results. Have the mindset that you need to figure this out and the only way to do that is to consistently show up and test the features out. And any followers or likes you might get along the way? That’s an added bonus!
How to Use TikTok?
Open up the app and go to the Home Screen. There you will notice a button that says “Discover”. When you click on it, you will see all the viral videos that are trending right now.
Are there any that you like? Then drop them a heart or double-tap them.
And if this is a video that you want to try to duplicate yourself, click on “Share” —> “Add to Favorites”! That way you can easily pull it up later and model it.
In the bottom right corner, you will see a button that says “Me”. When you click on it, you can edit your profile and:
- Add a photo
- Create a short bio
- Connect your Instagram
- Connect your YouTube channel (if you have one)
When you go back to your profile, right next to where it says “Edit profile”, you will notice a bookmark. That’s your “Favorites”. There you have 4 categories:
- Videos — add here the videos that you like and the ones you can use as inspiration for your own content.
- Hashtags — this is the perfect way to optimize your content creation process. Just add here all the hashtags you love to use!
- Sounds — if you see a video that you don’t like so much, but you like the sound, save it here. You can go to a video that has a song and in the bottom right corner, you will notice a music video playing. When you click on that, you can either add it to “Favorites” or immediately use the sound to create your very own TikTok!
- Effects — when you notice a cool effect you’d like to use, add it here!
How to Create a Video?
When you click on the “+” at the bottom of the screen, your camera will open up.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the features that are located on the right side of your screen.
- Flip — you can flip the camera from front to back.
- Speed — you can speed up or slow down your videos. It’s really fun and it’s different! What I’m recognizing is that people love the element of surprise.
- Filter — you can add many different filters. I usually stick with the natural one but you can play with it.
- Timer — you can use this feature to record for a specific amount of time. That way, when you play your video, you will have cuts in it. It looks really cool and professional!
The length of a TikTok video is 15 or 60 sec and then it loops. And what we’ve noticed so far is that 60-sec videos usually don’t have music, while 15-sec ones — do. But you can play around with it.
How to Post Your Video?
When you go to post your video, you can add a caption. As of right now, you’re not allowed to go back and edit your caption, so keep it short. You can add 3-5 hashtags and tag the person you’re doing the video with.
If you’re not ready to post your video, you can save it your Drafts. And what’s really cool is that you can create short clips throughout the whole day and then just have them in your Drafts for future use.
You can check out how John and I created a TikTok video in the video version of this training, located at the beginning of this article.
Did you find value in this training? And did it get your creative juices flowing? Let us know in the comments below! And remember to share this with your teammates — they’ll love you extra!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- 5 Steps to Grow Your Business on Social Media
- Why Your Facebook and Instagram Engagement Is Down And How To Fix It
- Personal Branding: 5 Steps to Discovering Your Brand and Finding Your Voice
- 6 Ways to Get More Video Views When You’re Brand New
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
- Follow us on TikTok for inspiration and content ideas
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We teach entrepreneurs and network marketers how to build a profitable business with Social Media without sacrificing what’s most important!
PS: Go From Deathly-Terrified to Bursting with Confidence on Camera! Download our Complete LIVE Video Guide Here.
If you enjoyed the video TikTok Tutorial: How to Create Engaging Content for Your Business, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!