TikTok is not just perfect for creating eye-catching content, but it also happens to be the fastest growing Social Media platform right now. And 49% of TilTok users are 35 and older!
What’s awesome about TikTok is you can create super unique and eye-catching content with the app. Then later, you can repurpose it for other Social Media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram to kick your engagement to the moon! And as an added bonus: you can go VIRAL! It already happened to several of our students!
Let’s point this out too: the timing is SO GOOD right now because most marketers are still not using this platform! As Gary Vee says, “You better be the best or be the FIRST.” And if you’re the first, you’ll probably soon become the best!
So let’s dive deeper into how you can use TikTok to create engaging content for your business!
TikTok Tutorial: How to Create Engaging Content for Your Business
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a Social Media video app that allows you to create and share short clips of you doing funny sketches, lip-syncing or providing value in an interesting way.
It’s basically a really neat way to create videos! You can speed them up, slow them down, chop them up with ease! No need for complicated software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker!
All in all, TikTok is a great way to build your brand and create some really unique videos that you can later repurpose for Instagram and Facebook, for example.
Before we proceed, let’s look at some numbers. If you’re anything like us, you love to get on board with the facts. So check these out:
- There are 1.5 billion registered users
- Users spent an average of 52 min per day on TikTok (compared to only 38 min on Facebook)
- The platform is ran by AI (artificial intelligence) and AI is programmed to populate the newsfeed of users who have interest in your content
- Low maintenance – you don’t need to post every day
- “Tiktok Culture” – people on the platform are mostly positive and encouraging (unlike troll situation on Periscope back in the day)!
- Chances of your video going VIRAL is the highest on TikTolk!
- Worst case scenario: you learn the app so you can create short 15 to 60-second unique videos that you can use in your marketing on Facebook and Instagram
Cool, huh?! Now, let’s dive deeper into how you can become a master at TikTok!
How to Master TikTok?
Step #1: Download the App
Simply, go to the App Store on your phone and get the app — it’s completely free. You can do that here:
Step #2: Practice Every Day for at least 21 days in a row
Budget about 15-20 minutes a day for 21 days to master the platform. Follow 5-10 people, see the content they’re putting out to get inspiration and then model popular videos. Don’t over-think it!
Step #3: Hire Your Kids (or Grandkids)
Do you have a pre-teen or a teenager? They already speak this language! So leverage it! We hired our 10-year-old and our 15-year-old as our TikTok managers.
So if you’re a parent, this is a great way to spend more time with your children — they will groom you for the platform and you will groom them for business! It’s a win-win!
PRO Tip #1: The more you show up, the more ideas you will have. My initial commitment was to do 21 videos. But in the course of just two weeks, I shot 30+ videos! Because a few videos in, I was already figuring out different modalities and various ways I could show up!
PRO Tip #2: In the beginning, focus on the process, not the results. Have the mindset that you need to figure this out and the only way to do that is to consistently show up and test the features out. And any followers or likes you might get along the way? That’s an added bonus!
How to Use TikTok?
Open up the app and go to the Home Screen. There you will notice a button that says “Discover”. When you click on it, you will see all the viral videos that are trending right now.
Are there any that you like? Then drop them a heart or double-tap them.
And if this is a video that you want to try to duplicate yourself, click on “Share” —> “Add to Favorites”! That way you can easily pull it up later and model it.
In the bottom right corner, you will see a button that says “Me”. When you click on it, you can edit your profile and:
- Add a photo
- Create a short bio
- Connect your Instagram
- Connect your YouTube channel (if you have one)
When you go back to your profile, right next to where it says “Edit profile”, you will notice a bookmark. That’s your “Favorites”. There you have 4 categories:
- Videos — add here the videos that you like and the ones you can use as inspiration for your own content.
- Hashtags — this is the perfect way to optimize your content creation process. Just add here 3-5 hashtags like #foryoupage #fyp #foryou (videos you’re modeling: notice what hashtag is attached to that trend and use it too)
- Sounds — if you see a video that you don’t like so much, but you like the sound, save it here. You can go to a video that has a song and in the bottom right corner, you will notice a music video playing. When you click on that, you can either add it to “Favorites” or immediately use the sound to create your very own TikTok!
- Effects — when you notice a cool effect you’d like to use, add it here!
How to Create a Video?
When you click on the “+” at the bottom of the screen, your camera will open up.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the features that are located on the right side of your screen.
- Flip — you can flip the camera from front to back.
- Speed — you can speed up or slow down your videos. It’s really fun and it’s different! What I’m recognizing is that people love the element of surprise.
- Filter — you can add many different filters. I usually stick with the natural one but you can play with it.
- Timer — you can use this feature to record for a specific amount of time. This is the secret to creating those videos with awesome transitions. It looks really cool and eye-catchy!
The length of a TikTok video is 15 or 60 sec and then it loops. And what we’ve noticed so far is that 60-sec videos usually don’t have music, while 15-sec ones — do. But you can play around with it.
How to Post Your Video?
When you go to post your video, you can add a caption. As of right now, you’re not able to go back and edit your caption, so keep it short. You can add 3-5 hashtags and tag the person you’re doing the video with.
If you’re not ready to post your video, you can save it your Drafts. And what’s really cool is that you can create short clips throughout the whole day (or even throughout a week or longer) and then just have them in your Drafts for future use.
And … that’s it! How do you feel?
Did you find value in this training? And did it get your creative juices flowing? Let us know in the comments below! And remember to share this with your teammates — they’ll love you extra!
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- 3 Top Tools to Stream and Go Live on Social Media
- 5 Steps to Grow Your Business on Social Media
- Personal Branding: 5 Steps to Discovering Your Brand and Finding Your Voice
- 6 Ways to Get More Video Views When You’re Brand New
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
- Follow us on TikTok for inspiration and content ideas
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources. Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
We help Network Marketers and Entrepreneurs create a profitable online business around their personal brand.
PS: Get ready to seriously crush it online! Click here to download our brand-new Social Media Recruiting Guide and get our inside secrets to Social Media Prospecting and peek behind the curtain at the exact scripts we’ve used to recruit thousands.
If you enjoyed the video TikTok Tutorial: How to Create Engaging Content for Your Business, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!